The Internet is a great source of free diet plans, but what about the foods that make them work even better. Here are five super-foods that can make any diet work better. Let’s take a look at them one by one.
1. Açai berry is one of the finest natural inflammation-fighters known to medical science. Why should dieters care about inflammation? For one thing, if you are eating a high-fiber diet, less inflammation in the colon leads to less gas formation. That benefit alone is enough reason to use açai berry. And if you have less lower GI tract inflammation, you can feel fuller faster, and eat fewer calories effortlessly.
2. Bananas were very prominent in the old cabbage soup weight loss plans. Basically, dieters were told to “go bananas,” eating up to eight bananas a day for some days on the plan. There is no real reason you need to eat more than one banana a day, but, like açai, bananas are anti-inflammatory. The greener the banana, the better, although even very ripe bananas are loaded with potassium that helps your cells stay “charged” for maximum fat burning. Avoid bananas if you are allergic to latex.
3. It may be true that açai is the best of the berries, but other berries are nearly good. Red, blue, and black berries are loaded with the antioxidant pigments that are found in açai. They are a good source of just enough fiber to keep you feeling full. And because berries are low in calories, you can satisfy taste cravings without slowing down weight loss.
4. Any diet has room for nuts. Almonds, Brazil nuts, walnuts, pecans and even organic peanuts offer special benefits that most diet plans overlook. These nuts are high in fat, but it’s a healthy fat that sends a signal to your brain that you don’t need to eat more. The 60 to 70 calories you get from six walnut halves, or a tablespoon of sliced almonds, or 20 peanut halves eaten about half an hour before a meal can keep you from eating 150 to 250 calories from the rest of your meal. And nuts and peanuts are also a terrific source of fiber and minerals.
5. Finally, quinoa is a great whole grain you probably haven’t heard about. Unlike wheat, barley, and rye, quinoa is gluten-free. It will never inflame your colon the way wheat Quinoa is gluten-free. It will not inflame your colon the way these three grains sometimes can. Quinoa is a good source of calcium, without the fat and hormones you can find in dairy products. Puff it up into a pilaf to add flavors and texture to contrast your regular diet foods.
These five super-foods help any diet plan work better. Enjoy them every day as you take off the pounds.May 19th by admin